Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sam Smith Live at The Liacouras Center!

Sam Smith Opening Act at The Liacouras Center in Philly
Believe it or not, I have never been to a live concert, that is, until yesterday when I saw Sam Smith live at The Liacouras Center in Philadelphia. 

When you experience Sam Smith you are experiencing what it feels like to transcend into a higher state of consciousness. Not only was the perfection of his voice magnified but as an audience member I had the opportunity to experience the beautiful person behind the music!  Sam Smith is the type of person I would like to have as a friend, I would have him sing me to sleep every night.
Sam Smith Program and Poster
The moments when he talked to the audience, were my favorite. He told us the stories from his own life that  inspired many of his songs.  For example "Good Thing" was based on his experience of letting go of someone he was deeply in love with that didn't love him back, "Money On My Mind" was written to express his anger with someone in the music industry and "Make it to Me" is a love letter to his soul mate that he has yet to meet. 

In the middle of the concert he jokingly assured the audience that although many of his songs sounded depressing, that he wasn't some dark, sad, always frowning guy. He said his next album will definitely have a brighter tone because he doubts anyone would want to buy The Lonely Hour...Part 2 (haha!). I'm looking forward to it because this means he will be able to smile more, which is very exciting because as I discovered at his concert, he has the most adorable smile! 
Throughout the concert he had me, my friends and the whole  stadium up on their feet. In one moment we were two stepping, in another we were making the place light up like a galaxy and a few times I just kind of sat in total aw and tried to absorb the perfection of the moment. Thank you Sam Smith!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun night! I haven't been to a concert in a long time- definitely need to go to at least one over the summer!

    Sam Smith Tickets

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES FROM pipdig