Monday, July 14, 2014

A New Kind of Family

I haven't posted recently because I've been consumed by life in Nigeria. Specifically, life in Enugu, Nigeria (where I've been for the past few days). Not only do my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins currently live and school in the area but it is one of the smaller Nigerian cities, the type of place where everyone in the community is a part of one grand family.

Here in Nigeria, it is a tradition to address your elders as aunt or uncle (whether you are related or not), this tradition proves just how much this idea of a family-like-community is upheld.

That being said, I really feel that this trip has added something to me…it has given me a community that really cares for me, a sense of belonging, and a continual feeling of love. I'm being corny…I know! But I'm common from the heart ;)

My past few weeks in Enugu have been amazing! I wish I had writing down every single thing that happened so that I could prove it was not all a dream. 

I am happy here in Nigeria. I am having fun, letting go, and falling in love. Love? Yes, love... with all the fantastic people I've met, all the people who have opened up their hearts, who have given hugs so strong, and kisses to deep. 

Being in this country has been a blast, I will miss it like crazy! 
P.S If I come back saying things like "how far?" and "I'm officially vexed" or "Abi",  know that it is Nigeria speaking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES FROM pipdig