Saturday, April 4, 2015

Because I am Eighteen


It's quite a beautiful thing to be eighteen. Eighteen is a number of progress, intuition, and self discovery.  I now have the freedom to buy cigarettes, win the lottery, purchase sex toys and rent my own porter-potty if my heart so desires. I couldn't do these things just a week ago when I was seventeen but because of the magical number eighteen, the world suddenly sees me as grown. Friends "introduce" me to twenty-something year old guys, my parents don't seem so surprised when I stay out late, and people now ask how I plan to support  myself (?!?!)...but I  feel like a little girl playing a grown-up role! I may strut around with a cute purse yet still,  my instinct is to run to mommy to fill my purse will bills. 

Because I am eighteen I feel the need to explore, and rebel, maybe get a tattoo, but more than ever,  I feel this innate drive to take ownership of my life and take responsibility of the direction it is going. This week that direction led me to the local Walmart to get my cartilage pierced , and the local pet smart to get a job (baby steps ok!) but who knows where I will be lead a week or a month from now.  I fucking* own the words independence, freedom, experimentation and growth  because I am eighteen!!!

*I can say fucking now b/c I'm eighteen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES FROM pipdig