Sunday, August 17, 2014

African Prints Series - Floral Crop



While I was in Nigeria this summer,  I had the opportunity to design some original articles of clothing. I went to various markets choosing uniquely designed materials ranging from Ankara fabric to Ghanaian tie-dye. After finding materials that I loved, I scoured magazines, Pinterest, and my own creative brain for styles of clothing that I felt would fit each pattern. I took all of my ideas to a seamstress, and before I knew it each lovely material was transformed into an even lovelier article of clothing! All eight pieces were made for under $200 (material included). I'm telling you, if I lived in Nigeria I would never need Forever 21 again! 

Over the next few weeks I'm going to have an African Print Series that will showcase some of the things I had made. Check back every week for a new African Prints Post! 


Photographed by Olivia

1 comment:

  1. Im a huge ankara fabric fan and would roll around in it if given the chance. Started self sew lessons which aren't going too well as i lack any amount of patience.....work in progress tho hehe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES FROM pipdig