Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Sunflower Patch

When I’m not in the best of moods, I’ll sometimes stop everything and go outside and ride my bike. Something about riding always clears my mind. I only need to take a short ride around the neighborhood and I feel instant relief.  340
Not too long ago I had one of those days, I just spontaneously dropped everything and left to ride my bike. It was evening, the warmth of the day was settling down, it was quiet and peaceful, and I was completely absorbed in the moment. I rode passed houses, immersed in the colors of the gardens and the movement of the lake behind them. As I approached the end of the street there it was a beautiful sunflower patch. It was just picturesque.

308
I’d seen this sunflower patch before, but this time I was going to enter it. There was a mailbox and a never ending pathway off to the right of the field. I rode my bike only a couple yards in so I wouldn’t be yelled at by any possessive owners. I then stopped my bike and just stood there taking it in, surrounded by sunflowers taller than me, I was alone. This was one of life’s moments.   

348
342
Before I left I quickly picked a baby sunflower put it in my bicycle basket and rode home, saying hello to a woman walking her dog on the way. This whole experience was about 10min but it made me feel as good as if I had been away for 60. As you can tell I really had a lot of fun on this mini adventure, it made me feel really good. :)   

312

Click the post to comment and share!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! Looking at your pictures, I'd totally love to ride my bike through there right now!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES FROM pipdig